PhD studies are the highest level of education in the USA. These qualifications prepare students for academic and research positions as well as for other careers that demand advanced knowledge and research skills.
Certain universities offer combined postgraduate studies for certain study programs, which students can enroll to after Bachelor studies and they last from 5 to 8 years, while other demand completed Master studies in order to enroll to PhD.
PhD studies usually last form 4 to 6 years and you gain your title by defending your PhD thesis.
Tuition fees for PhD studies
Tuition fees for PhD studies in the USA depend on the study program and selected institution and they start from 11000USD annually and can be paid in installments.
Conditions and benefits of PhD studies in the USA
- Enrollment conditions you need to meet in order to enroll to PhD studies: are completed Master studies (except for combined programs) and passed international English language test (TOEFL, IELTS, etc)
- Certain educational institutions require GRE test
- For PhD studies in the USA, the most promising candidates are selected based on their accomplishments, potential and test results at enrollment. Your thesis proposal for research during studies may be less important when enrolling
- Qualifications and knowledge you gain on PhD studies in the USA are recognized and respected worldwide
- Completed PhD studies in the USA will open many doors for employment in this country as well as for permanent residency