The United Kingdom is very attractive destination for those who wish to obtain PhD degree and dedicate themselves to academic career or work on highest positions in the industry. In addition to excellent institutions and conditions, students can benefit from stimulating environment among top experts which helps with personal and professional growth.
PhD studies in the UK are being offered at universities and generally last 3 to 4 years. In order to obtain PhD degree students must conduct research which makes significant scientific contribution in the chosen field.
Tuition fees for PhD studies
Annual tuition fees for international students are around 18.000 GBP and usually depend on institution, study field and program.
Conditions and benefits of PhD studies in the UK
- The requirements for enrollment in PhD studies in the UK are completed master studies, passed internationally recognized English language test (IELTS, TOEFL, CAE...) and research proposal
- The UK has some of the best ranked and most prestigious universities in the world, as well as many significant research centers and institutes which are characterized by excellent international connections and significant funding
- British PhD degree is highly valued and respected worldwide
- The UK offers excellent academic standards and it is one of the global leaders in research and innovations whose students are responsible for many significant scientific achievements and inventions
- Many scholarships are being offered for PhD studies in the UK
- Students are allowed to work 20 hours per week during studies and gain international experience and connections which can be valuable for further career
- Upon completion of studies, students have the opportunity to apply for Post Study Work visa and stay for 2 years in the UK working full time.