Bachelor studies in USA

Bachelor studies in USA

The USA’s system of undergraduate studies works through 2 types of programs: 2 year and 4 year studies.

Two-year studies are offered at so-called community colleges, there are over a thousand of these colleges in the USA. These studies offer wide general education with a focus on a specific field you are interested in and they represent a preparation for four-year studies. Qualifications you can acquire through this program are A.A. (Associate of Arts degree), A.S. (Associate of Science degree) and there are A.A.S. (Associate of Applied Science degree) which are designed to provide employment after completing your program. After finishing these studies you can continue education at American universities, which recognize exams you passed at college and in that way you can acquire Bachelor degree.

Four-year Bachelor studies in the USA are offered at more than two thousand colleges and universities. You can study all fields except law and medicine and get Bachelor degree. These two study fields are studied on a so-called Professional degree level which comes after Bachelor studies.

Tuition fees for undergraduate studies

Tuition fees for undergraduate studies in the USA depend on program, study field and institution. Annual fees at public community colleges start from 5000$, while at universities annual tuition fees are no less than 25000$.

Conditions and benefits of undergraduate studies in the USA

  • The first condition of enrollment to Bachelor studies in the USA is completed secondary education and passed international test of English language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc). Some institutions in the USA demand passed SAT (I or II) or ACT test
  • The main benefit of studying in the USA is high quality of education; knowledge and skills you gain through one of the best education systems in the world, as well as diplomas and qualification which are globally recognized
  • Modern teaching methods, diversity and flexibility of study programs
  • Student visa (F) allows you to work on the campus part-time jobs (up to 20 hours a week) during semester, while during holidays you can work full time. In special cases, after a year of studying you can get a permission to work part-time off campus
  • After completed Bachelor studies you have an opportunity to continue studies on a postgraduate level and to extend your visa
  • During your studies or after you graduate, you can extend your student visa (F) by applying for a Practical Training (OPT or CPT) relevant to your field of study. These are usually paid internships which last one year and it could give you valuable work experience. Students who completed STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math) can apply for STEM OPT internship which lasts two years
  • If you meet certain requirements, after this you can submit a petition for (H1-B) temporary work visa

Need help with USA visa application?

Fill-in visa questionnaire