Master studies in USA

Master studies in USA

American universities and colleges (known as “Graduate schools”) offer wide range of master and PhD programs out of all study fields which are studied during undergraduate studies. Master studies usually last two years.

On this level of education, so-called Professional schools (Medical school, Law school, etc) offer specialization in the fields of medicine and law in which there are no programs on the undergraduate level, as well as specializations in business and engineering. For that reaon, American students need in average 3 years to become lawyers, while international students, who already have background in this field gained in their home country, usually need only a year.

Tuition fees for Master studies

Tuition fees for Master studies in the USA depend on the study field and institution you choose, and they usually start from 20000USD annually and can be paid in installments.

Conditions and benefits of Master studies in the USA

  • The main conditions for Master studies as well as professional degree programs are completed Bachelor studies and passed internationally recognized English language test (TOEFL, IELTS, etc)
  • Some programs could require good knowledge from certain fields in the form of a test or an essay
  • Some institutions require GRE or GMAT test
  • Maser diploma of American universities are highly respected not only in the USa but worldwide too
  • Student (F) visa allows you to work part-time jobs (up to 20 hours a week) on the campus during a semester and full-time while on holiday
  • Only 3% of Americans have master diploma which can be a chance for you if you seek employment and stay in this country
  • After completed Master studies you have opportunity to continue your education at PhD studies and extend your student visa
  • During your studies or after you finish them, you can extend your student (F) visa by applying for Practical Training (OPT or CPT) relevant to your study field. These are usually paid internships which last one year and can bring you valuable work experience. STEM program graduates (science, technology, engineering and math) can apply for two-year STEM OPT internship
  • If you meet certain conditions, you can submit a petition for (H1-B) temporary work visa

Need help with USA visa application?

Fill-in visa questionnaire