Master programs in the United Kingdom are being offered at universities and colleges. As the second most popular study destination in the world, the UK has a wide range of programs in all study fields.
Master studies in the UK generally last one year while research master programs could last two years.
Master studies are focused on a more specific study field than Bachelor studies and enables specializing in a chosen discipline. There are two types of master studies Taught programs which have academic focus and Research programs whose focus is mainly research work. The most common qualification gained after master studies are MA (Master of Arts), MSc (Master of Science), MPhil (Master of Philosophy), MRes (Master of Research) etc.
Tuition fees of master studies
Tuition fees for master studies vary depending on location, institution, study field, program etc. Tuition fees for international students range from 11.000 to 32.000 GBP annually.
Conditions and benefits of master studies in the UK
- Conditions of enrolling into master studies in the UK are gained Bachelor degree and passed internationally recognized English language test (IELTS, TOEFL, CAE...). Some programs require additional tests such as GRE or GMAT.
- Some of the best ranked and most prestigious universities in the world are located in the UK, as well as other educational institutions which offer excellent master programs
- Master diploma in the UK open many door and opportunities for a career because British degrees and qualifications are highly respected around the world
- The UK offers cutting edge academic standards and it is one of the leading research centers in the world which enables students to be independent in learning
- There are numerous scholarships offered for postgraduate studies in the UK which cover and ease study costs
- Students have the right to work 20 hours per week during their studies and gain international experience and connections
- After graduation students can apply for Post Study Work visa and work in the UK for 2 years