If you plan to visit the USA for a holiday, business or family visit you need a visitor (B) visa. There are 4 categories of this visa:
- (B-1) visa - Visa for a business travel, conference participation, meetings or making a business deal
- (B-2) visa - Visa for a tourist visit to the US, holiday or visiting your family and friends, as well as for traveling for medical care or treatment
- (B-1/B-2) visa - Combination of former two
- (C) visa - Transit visa for the USA
Conditions of visitor visa
- Filled an approved form DS – 160 – online request for non-immigrant visas (online through embassy website)
- A proof that you intend to stay temporarily in the USA
- You will need a proof that you or someone else, have enough financial means to cover all costs of you travel and stay
- For a travel in purpose of medical care you will need to provide medical records, a letter of doctor or US institution regarding your treatment, as well as the proof that all costs of your treatment and transport will be covered
Benefits of visitor visa
Visitor visa allows you to travel to the USA for purpose of business, participation in meetings and conferences as well as for tourist visit, family and friends visit or medical care and treatment purposes. You are not allowed to work or study during your visit except in special cases with B-1 visa as self-employed.
Duration of visitor visa
Visitor visa is being issued on a period of 10 years, and a length of one stay can be up to 6 months.
Application for visitor visa
Application for visitor visa is going through American embassy in your country. One of the steps in the process is interview in consular section.
Visa fees and processing time
Visa fee for visitor visa application is 160USD and a processing time depends on the case. The waiting period is the time until your scheduled interview. In certain cases, after the interview the officer could require additional processing that could last up to 6 months.