Student visa for Australia (subclass 500)

Student visa for Australia (subclass 500)

To study in Australia on any study program lasting more than 3 months, you need to have a student visa.

Conditions for Student visa

The conditions to be met for a student visa are:

  • Enrollment in the study program at one of the Australian educational institutions
  • Proof of enrollment (confirmation of enrollment)
  • Passed some of the internationally recognized English language tests (IELTS, TEOFL, PTE...). An exception is if you enroll in an English language course in Australia and in that case you don't need a passing test.
  • Evidence that you are planning to stay temporarily in Australia
  • Proof of financial capacity (financial guarantee). This confirms that you can cover the costs of studying, living and traveling to Australia.
  • Fulfilled character requirements
  • Paid appropriate health insurance (OSHC - Overseas Students Health Cover)
  • Citizens of certain countries should prove that they are in good health condition

What does student visa allow

With a student visa you can study at Australian educational institutions that are registered at CRICOS. It also allows you to bring your family members with you.

With a student visa, you can usually work part-time jobs, up to 20 hours a week, and during the break, full-time.

Duration of student visa

It is issued for the duration of the study program plus two months if the program lasts longer than 10 months, that is, plus one month if the program lasts less than 10 months. It can be issued for a maximum period of five years.

Applying for a student visa

Student visa is applied online via the Immigration Services website of Australia.

Cost and processing time

The fee for processing a student visa application is 650AUD. The average application processing time is one month.

* Future Option is a consulting agency which offers professional assistance when applying for temporary visas with a visit and study purpose, as well as for prospective marriage and partner visas for Australia which allow you permanent stay.
*Information regarding working abroad and migration on our website is provided for informational purposes only.

Disclaimer: Future Option does not offer assistance in finding employment abroad. Future Option is not a recruitment agent and does not offer recruitment services. Future Option does not offer consulting services regarding working abroad.

English courses in Australia

Enroll the English language course in Australia and perfect English in a fast and easy way in the English speaking area.

Read more

Bachelor studies in Australia

Inform yourself about what is required for enrollment in Bachelor studies in Australia. Get an internationally recognized degree at one of the universities in Australia.

Read more

VET courses in Australia

Choose one of the VET programs, develop practical and professional skills and make it easier to find work and career progression.

Read more

Master studies in Australia

Perfect the acquired knowledge in one of the many master programs, enroll master studies, and continue your education in Australia.

Read more

Graduate Diploma and Certificate in Australia

Develop your knowledge in a specific area for further qualification enhancement or extension of professional abilities.

Read more

Phd studies in Australia

Find out all about enrolling in doctoral studies and earning a doctorate in PhD studies in Australia.

Read more

Need help with Australian visa application?

Fill-in visa questionnaire