PhD studies are the highest level of education in Canada with duration of at least 3 years. Some PhD programs last up to 6 years.
PhD studies tuition fees
Annual PhD tuition fees range from 10.000 to 20.000CAD, they depend on the field of the study and chosen university. At the University of Toronto, domestic and international students pay the same price for studies.
Conditions and benefits of PhD studies in Canada
- The conditions you must meet to enroll to PhD studies in Canada are completed Master studies, English (IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL) or French language test, also you must find a supervisor and choose a dissertation topic.
- Canadian universities offer special programs (Non-Terminal Programs) for talented undergraduate students, that combine Master and PhD studies.
- Canada is a land of opportunities for future PhD students, researchers and scholars because of the significant funds invested in higher education through scholarships and research projects.
- High quality of education is guaranteed and qualifications you earn are globally recognized.
- Student visa gives you and your partner opportunity to work while you are studying.
- After completed studies you have a chance to apply for Post-Graduation Work visa which allows you to stay and work in Canada for three years.
- Work experience you gain after completed studies can help you qualify for permanent stay in Canada.