Student visa for Spain

Student visa for Spain

Students coming from European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland can study in Spain longer than 3 months if they register their stay and obtain residence permit. Students coming from third countries need short term student visa if they plan to study from 3 to 6 months, while for longer studies they need national visa and student card for foreigners which stands for residence permit.

Conditions for student visa

  • To be enrolled in a program at accredited education institution
  • Student must have sufficient level of education needed for enrollment
  • To be financially stable to cover study and living costs in Spain
  • Student must have organized accommodation for period of studies
  • To have adequate health insurance
  • To be a person of good health
  • To prove their good character and that they have never been convicted

Benefits of student visa

Spanish student visa enables studying in some of many highly resepcted Spanish educational institutions and gain valuable education. International students in Spain can work part time. Students coming from third countries need work permit in order to work in Spain, in addition all international students must register at social service in order to get DNI number needed for employment.

Duration of student visa

Short term student visa is valid form 3 to 6 months, while national visa is being issued on a period up to one year. Student card replaces national visa upon its expiration, it is valid for a year and can be renewed.

Applying for student visa

Visa application is being submitted in the Spanish diplomatic mission in student’s home country, while residence permit application is submitted no later than one month upon arrival at the local foreigner office or police station.

Fees and processing time

Visa application fee is 60 EUR. The average processing time is around one month.

* Future Option is a consulting agency which offers professional assistance when applying for temporary visas with a visit and study purpose, as well as for prospective marriage and partner visas for Australia which allow you permanent stay.
*Information regarding working abroad and migration on our website is provided for informational purposes only.

Disclaimer: Future Option does not offer assistance in finding employment abroad. Future Option is not a recruitment agent and does not offer recruitment services. Future Option does not offer consulting services regarding working abroad.

Need help with EU visa application?

Fill-in visa questionnaire