Courses of English and French language are a great opportunity for future international students, workers or immigrants who aren’t confident in their language skills, but have a plan to study, live and work in Canada.
Many private and public schools, colleges and some universities offer language courses.
Types of courses:
There are a number of different courses on all levels, from beginners to advanced, as well as courses specialized in some areas. The most popular courses are:
- Beginner level
These courses are designed for beginners and those who want to improve their knowledge of language for everyday use, travels or work.
- Academic level
Academic level is made for everyone who plans to study at some of the Canadian universities or colleges and prepare for studies in that manner.
- Business level
Business level courses are designed for individuals who want to improve their knowledge of language and their ability to communicate in business environment.
- Exam preparation
These courses are tailor made to help students prepare for English language exams (IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL) as well as French language tests (DALF/DELF).
Language courses can last from four weeks to one year, depending on the students’ needs. Many schools have in their offer winter and summer camps, as well as homestay programs which are very popular among international students cause they include accommodation and learning within a family.
Course fees depend on the type and the length of the course as well as the educational institution you choose. Average weekly costs of the courses are between 250 and 350CAD.
Conditions and benefits of language courses in Canada
- There are no particular conditions for enrollment, not even a passed test of English or French language.
- Tourist visa is required for courses that last up to 6 months, for courses over 6 months it is necessary to get a student visa.
- If you are not confident in your English or French knowledge or you haven’t passed necessary exam to enroll to studies, these courses are perfect option for you.
- Dynamic of multicultural environment will help you learn language faster and better than with language courses at your country.
- If you plan to work or study in Canada, language learning period can be used to adapt to the new environment and new way of life.
- After you complete your language course, there is a possibility to extend your student visa from Canada and to continue your studies.